KDU Law Journal is planned to be a compilation of peer reviewed articles on various fields of Law. It is expected to serve as a forum for the presentation, scrutiny and discussion of legal research by local and international scholars which would benefit professionals, academics, students and general public.
Therefore, it welcomes academic research, recent case studies and analyses in the area of Law. This endeavor would contribute in enhancing the image and the reputation of the Faculty of Law especially and KDU generally, both locally and internationally.
Objectives of publishing KDU Law Journal are:
- To fill the gap of a peer reviewed journal in Sri Lanka in the discipline of Law.
- To facilitate and encourage legal scholars to publish their research.
- To expand national and global knowledge sharing through publication.
- To contribute as a useful resource for legal education.
- To enhance the knowledge and standards of the academic staff.
- To increase the KDU web ranking by publishing an online version.
KDU Law Journal is a bi-annual publication. The number of the articles to be included would be decided after their receipt and evaluation. Articles will be called from all domestic academic and professional legal institutions. The journal will also provide a space for articles from international scholars.